ASBA Study Club + Project Rose
- This event has passed.
ASBA Study Club + Project Rose
July 28, 2017 @ 8:00 am - July 29, 2017 @ 5:00 pm$995.00
Location: Hilton DFW Lakes, 9 mins from Dallas/Fort Worth Airport
Course Presenters and Description:
Dr. Rudi M-Ferrate MD, FAASM – Dentistry and Medicine, Dentist and Physician, the Essentials for Practicing Dental Sleep Medicine
- Overview of your local Hospital Based and Independent Sleep Centers
- A-Z of existing Therapies
- Know thy interest! Your calling to Dental Sleep
- Qualified Dentists and Patient Care
- Helping Physicians Solve a Problem
- Trouble-shooting problems associated with oral appliances
- Importance of Continuing Education
- The Economics of Dental Sleep
- Trends in Sleep Medicine
Rudi Ferrate MD, FAAFP, DABSM is currently the Chief Medical Officer for the ASBA, he is also Medical Director for the following practices; Sleep Alternatives, Salt Lake in South Jordan, ArrowHead Health and Sleep, Motion Health and Wellness in Phoenix, AZ. His private practice is in the Salt Lake Valley and is focused on Sleep Medicine, Integrative Medicine and Wellness. From early on in his career he understood that anyone’s Knowledge is quickly outdated. That medicine is a wonderful yet highly complex science that is constantly upgrading and that the different organ, emotional and biological systems interplay in ways we are just beginning to understand. For this reason he has been dedicated to continued studies in the fields and specialties pertaining to sleep disorders, healthy aging, hormone balance, weight loss and wellness. His goal is to find ways to permit the body to utilize its own healing processes and diminish the need for synthetic pharmaceuticals.
Dr. Kent Smith DDS – Working with Physicians and Establishing Yourself as a Sleep Expert
- Working with Physicians other than Sleep Physicians
- Working with Sleep Physicians
- Medical Billing
- Out of Network Billing
- Case Presentations
- Taking a Phonetic Bite
Dr. Kent Smith is a Diplomate of both the American Sleep and Breathing Academy and the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine and is on the Advisory Committee of the Australasian Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine. In 2007, he was asked to start a sleep curriculum at the Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Clinical Studies. In 2011, he started the SKISH Initiative (“School Kids in Safe Hands”), to keep bus drivers and students safe on the roads. In 2012, he was the first in Texas to be awarded a Dental Sleep Medicine Facility Accreditation and is the creator of the “Best Sleep Hygiene” app.
Dr. Rebecca Lauck DDS – What % should Sleep Medicine be to a Dental Practice?
- Where are your Patients?
- Dental and Medical Referrals… a clear understanding!
- Evaluation of dental patients at each dental appointment for signs and symptoms of untreated sleep disorders
- Dental and Medical Referrals… a clear understanding!Front Office to Back Office
- Addressing Key issues and getting a snoring patient to convert to a sleep apnea
- Winning Strategies for Running a Successful Sleep Practice
Dr. Rebecca Lauck graduated from Baylor College of Dentistry and opened the Keller Family Dental office, which now called Blue Stone Dental. Dr. Lauck is an extremely experienced dentist with a keen interest in orofacial Pain, TMJ disorders, functional orthodontics and Dental Sleep Medicine. She has over 2,500 hours of continued education and spends much of her free time promoting Sleep Apnea screening and treatment with physicians. “I can confidently say my practice has taken off in the direction of sleep only.”